CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I am now officially a geek

I just found out that I am getting the coolest hard drive you can have free from work. Here are the specs.


Western Digital 300G 10000 RPM Velociraptor SATA Hard Drive

Cache: 16MB
Form Factor: 3.5"
Average Latency: 5.5ms
Features: Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF) - Optimizes operation and performance when the drives are used in vibration-prone, multi-drive chassis. NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
This thing SCREAMS!! Average boot time is less than 6 seconds and shut down is less than that. The internet pops. It is very fun. I really just like the fact that it is called a Velociraptor. It is as mean as it sounds. VERY COOL.

3 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Well, congratulations....I'll check Hallmark's geek line for a suitable card.. ;)

You sound very very happy...and that's very very nice....

Anonymous said...

Yes Trish that is very geeky, but awesome. I love you.

Eli Bowman said...

Geeky, but a SWEET hard drive. If you need help installing it, let me know. :)