CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Eldon in Maui

So while I have been home with the kids, Eldon has been travelling to California and then onto Maui. He made it sound like he was going to be slaving away the entire time he was gone. Now I know that these trips are very busy. He tours locations all day, walking all over hotels, golf courses, spas and restaurants. He rarely gets to sit and has to listen to sales people all day try to sell him on their property.

Now I know that this sounds a little easier to take thinking that he really is working while he is gone. On Friday he was flying from LA to Maui with his flight leaving at 5:45 pacific time. The flight to Maui from LA is 5 1/2 hours. He called me from the airport before our ward Halloween party. He called me again right before bed and his flight was still delayed. He then called me when I woke up and he had just arrived in Maui and had been up all night. It was 2 am Maui time which is 6 hours earlier than here. He was also quite sick. I felt bad for him then. He called me a little later once he got to his hotel (The Ritz Carlton, Kapalua). He told me his ten hours in the airport and the 5 hours on the flight were worth every second because of how beautiful this hotel was. We had stayed there a few years ago and it was amazing. Apparently they have done an $80 million dollar renovation so it's ten times more amazing.

I did feel bad that he was sick and had to tour all day, UNTIL I heard about his afternoon. Apparently, these hotels don't think his tour is complete until he has had the most expensive spa treatment. So at the Ritz he started with a sugar scrub, outdoor swedish shower, and then a one hour massage. HMMMMM. Now if that was all, I would still be ok. But apparently he saw three hotels in Maui and all of them gave him spa treatments. The second one he decided for a pedicure because he didn't think it was healthy to have three massages in 36 hours. HMMMMM. The last hotel he was able to soak in the five mineral baths of joy (named by me) showered about 10 times in every shower known to man and then yes, another one hour massage.

So I try to be excited for him when he gets to go to these wonderful places, but it is hard when it's that good away from home. While he was gone, the boys and I had a great time. So I am not complaining, but just thought I should call a spade a spade.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Ya. .don't let him fool you! We stood behind him in line at Disneyland (it's a small world after all. . .sing it!) and it was a GREAT ride. . not too much work there. :) LOve!

Whit and Steve said...

Ummmm... Yes please!! Any of those treatments sound REALLY good right about now!! I hope he took notes during the massage so he can some home and rub your back and feet!!