CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

I thought I would start the Halloween blogging with our Pumpkin Carving experience. I believe this is one of those obligatory things that is fun but when your kids are really little, not so fun. It was perfect for Max this year. He was so excited. Jack didn't get it, but he will next year. I was playing with my camera and found out how to take black and white pictures. I'm very excited. I know I should have shown the bright orange color of the pumpkins, but hey, I'm trying to be artistic here.





As Dad had to go home teaching, mom gets to decorate the pumpkins, but dad had to clean them out. Fair deal if you ask me. The mission, something simple for Jack and Max wanted a Dementor. HMMMMM......



Happy with the results.






Jack wanted to eat the pumpkin, so he took a bite out of the removed triangle eye. He just kept chewing util I told him he could spit it out.



Here is where everything began to fall apart. Jack is crying because I just yelled at him for slicing his brother's hand with the knife.


I think this says it all for how Max felt.





Ultimately, we had two finished pumpkins and a first aid kit.




The finished product. Later, Eldon put dry ice in the dementor so it would look like Harry Potter.



1 comments:

Mandy said...

Very cool pumpkins...and, might I say I am glad that some one else has those first aid kit mishaps when we are TRYING TO DO SOMETHING FUN!