CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sad News

Today at work I went into a co-workers office that I have been working closely with for awhile. She is an amazing mom of 9 kids. Her oldest is 37 and her youngest is 18. When she had 7 kids, (6 boys and 1 girl) her husband left her and refused to pay child support. She was a single mom for 10 years and then met her second husband who married her with seven kids. What a cool guy!! They had two more girls together.

Last year she lost one son in Iraq. He was a marine and was killed in Baghdad by a roadside bomb.

This year her mom and her ex husband passed away. Not that she cared too much about her ex husband, but he was her kids father.

Today she just found out that her oldest child has Lou Gerigs disease and shouldn't make it more than five years. She is beside herself. She said, I don't know what is worse, losing a child suddenly or knowing it's going to happen and just having to sit by and watch.

She said, why is life so hard! I have been praying all day to know how to comfort her without pushing beliefs on her or not taking the time to listen. I know that the right time will come for me to share insights of the gospel with her. But for now, I am just so grateful for my blessings and the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation.

1 comments:

Brown and Serve said...

President Hinckley's comments after his wife passed were some of the most sincere, and yet real. I would read it and take thoughts from that. Even though the person giving the talk was our Prophet, it didn't make the emotion any less real to anyone who had gone through a loss.