CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Sitka, Alaska

Sitka was our first day off of the ship and first day in Alaska. When I woke up and looked off my balcony, this is what I saw. Our excursion this day was going on a Sea Otter and Wildlife boat tour. It was the perfect situation for photography and it was a beautiful day. No rain. The water was so still I was dying to waterski on it even though it was 35 degrees and filled with whales. Waterfall, obviously. Very pretty .
I thought this picture showed some idea of scale. The boat out there is a yacht. If you look beyond that, it shows you how huge the mountain ranges are. Sitka only has 11 miles of paved road in their town.
Here are two little sea otters just hanging out. They are really cute up close.

This picture is too small to show how close we were to this Bald Eagle. They are so amazing.
WHALE!
More eagles.
This is a house constructed to look like a light house.


0 comments: