CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Hubbard Glacier

Here is one of my favorite scenes at the Hubbard Glacier. I love the blue color in the glacier and the bright green mountain. Also, I love the texture and color differences in the water.

As I woke up on Monday morning, this is what I saw out on my patio. The glacier is next to the water there. It is 300 feet high and we are about 5-7 miles away from it here. So maybe you can just get a small idea of how grand it is.

Here is right before the glacier just about 2 miles from it. I believe I saw this exact picture in Maui until I look behind it and see snow capped mountains.
Here is the glacier up close or only a mile away. The water is so still and pristine. If you can see the blue ice in there, it is shockingly blue up close.
This should show you the color variations in the area. The very blue water, green mountains, blue snow in the glacier, the white ice field in front of the glacier, and the huge mountain behind it.
I just thought this was a cool picture. It was about 45 degrees with high winds but the sun was out and it was a beautiful day.


0 comments: