CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Funny sayings

So the snow days last week really threw the Gale house off track. The kids had been very used to getting up and out the door. When the snow days came, they could lounge around in the morning on both Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday I had a 10 am meeting so we weren't in a real hurry in the morning. Then they had the weekend. Needless to say, Monday and Tuesday were awful!! How easily they forget!

Max is slow. He cannot find urgency anywhere in his soul. Combine that with not wanting to get out the door and it's a nightmare. I had to be to work early on Monday and Tuesday. Jackson was in tears both mornings over really silly things. I hate that. I get the biggest guilt complex when I'm hurling them into the cold and they are still trying to wake up.

So this morning I didn't have to be to work as early and so the morning slowed down a bit. I let Max play Lego Star Wars while I was getting ready. We have had an issue with him understanding that when we ask him to stop playing that we are not being mean, we are just needing him to do something else. So I told him that when I got out of the shower I would yell down to him that it was time to get dressed and he had to pause and get dressed and then he could play again until it was time to leave. So after my shower I yelled down and he paused the game immediately and said, "OK mom, I love to follow all of your GREAT rules!" I about fell over with shock and laughter. Even better was when I said it was time to leave, he pushed pause and came up immediately. This has never happened. He even had a smile on his face. WHAT????

Now Jackson had me laughing out of control this morning. He likes to watch Blues Clues and Little Einsteins in the morning while I am getting ready. I got out of the shower and he said to me, "Mom, can you get me a doughnut?" First, I was struggling to understand how he thought we had doughnuts? We never do. So then I told him we didn't have any and so he said, "Mom, I'll just have some candy." I told him no and asked him if he was hungry. He then said, "I just need some chicken nuggets with ranch dressing." I told him it was too early for chicken. He paused for a minute and said, "I know, if you give me candy, I won't throw the wrappers on the floor!!" He has a very bad habit of just dropping whatever wrappers on the floor he ends up with and I am always trying to get him to pick them up or throw them away. I thought it was so clever of him to try and negotiate with me.

So overall it was a great morning and I am so grateful to have these moments with my kids when I can't be with them all day.

4 comments:

The Katzbox said...

Oh my gosh...your sons are adorable...ADORABLE! Those remarks are so clever and so bright and so predictive of very very funny years ahead...I hope you're prepared to laugh long and hard in public, cause I'm betting these little guys will totally take you there....this was a great post.

Elder and Sister Gale said...

Tricia,

It is so fun to watch you in motherhood. It brings back so many memories of when all my little ones were around. You do such a super job of teaching them.

We are anxious for your visit!

Love, Mother Gale

Carrie Nation said...

Trish, I love reading about the funny things your kids say and do. They are such sweethearts. I hope I have good kids like that.

You need to go read my latest blog post. It partly involves Max, and I think you'd enjoy it. I know, why is the seminary teacher writing about Max on her blog? Well, go read it to find out:

thegoldenorb.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

Too Funny!