CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What's up with us

So this week, Eldon is traveling. What does this mean? We had popcorn for dinner last night at Target. The boys and mom get more TV in, and I go to bed when the boys do. It's my favorite thing.

I am trying to get ready for the little baby girl coming our way. Eldon has grand plans for the nursery so I haven't done much there, but slowly I am accumulating things I think I may need. I have hit a few wonderful sales for her next winter wardrobe, but am going to wait until the spring collection goes on sale for 0-6 months.

Thoughts about having a girl. I have always been a tom boy. Anything feminine I do or have has been completely because of Eldon. My poor mom had to wait for my sister to live out all of her little girl dreams. It's just not in me. I would darn straight rather watch a war movie, ball game, or crime drama than a chick flick anytime. I hate dresses. I endure jewelry. I don't mind wearing it once it's on, it is just the shopping for it and remembering to wear it that is a problem. I try to not be emotional, but I can't get rid of all the female genes. So the thought of a little girl is a little frightening.

I am so excited don't get me wrong. I guess I just look at how close my mom and I are and I am really excited to have that with a daughter. I don't know how to do hair, so I don't want her to be a freak. I hate giggling and drama. I promise I won't be a pagent mom. I wouldn't even know where to look it up online to read about it. I used to light Barbies on fire, so I will have to get over that. I might have to admit that lightsabers aren't the only cool toy and possibly learn something about fairies, princesses, and stuff. Not nearly as cool as the whole Star Wars/Harry Potter movement, but I guess I will survive. So, with all that being said, I'm sure this is really good for me.

Eldon and I swear that Max and Jack got the absolute best things we have to offer genes wise and we just hope that there are a few left. We both have many undesirable traits in us and in our families that we hope get passed by again. So for the next few months, I will be processing all of this, but I'm sure once I hold her, I will be just fine with a girl.

3 comments:

Mikelle said...

I laughed so hard at you setting your Barbie's hair on fire!! Girls are super fun, they always get to look super cute, and when they get dramatic just send her to her room!! You'll do great with a girl!!

Army Petes said...

Trish, I consider my self a girly girl. All I did with barbies was strip them down naked and have them make out. It's kind of a lose lose.:) You'll do fine. I'm so glad were having girls together!

Jessica said...

Hey, maybe you'll have a Tom-boy girl...then you'll understand her just right.