CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Catch up

One of the problems of having a 4GB card for your camera, is that you don't have to download the pictures to your computer ever. So I am not prepared to post Christmas memories at this time, but I have had some thoughts I can share. Pictures are to come.

I'll start with the most recent experience since I can remember it. Yesterday. Eldon and I are preparing to move to one income. While I have been working we have never had to really be concerned about what we have spent. So to avoid the shock and change in a few months, we are trying to wittle down what we spend on food. It's a start. On Sunday, we planned our menu for the week and I made a grocery list. I went to Walmart yesterday and it only cost me $58!!!! I about fell over. We have meals for every night of the week and food for breakfast. Since we both work, we still eat out for lunch most days, but this is a tremendous start. I even bought a few things not on the list for food storage. I was so energized when I left. I actually felt like we can make this work. Now I know that every week isn't going to end up being $58, but hey here's to the first one!

Second thought. During the "holidays" to be politically correct, I met with my boss to tell him of my plans. It was SO HARD!! I have always known this was going to be a challenge for me. I love what I do. I love earning money. I love interacting with different people everyday. I love learning about the technology. I came home kind of annoyed or more of a brat really. It's going to be a trial. But then I spent the next week with my kids at home. I saw the groove we got into. I saw how much I noticed about them that I have been missing that will be critical to their development. I was enveloped by the spirit helping me to be ok with this. I am excited and sad at the same time. I have been SO grateful for all the help people have given me to make this work. I have a fantastic babysitting set up that was more ideal than could have ever been imagined. I have had people carting my kids around for me to various places all the time. So many have stepped up to help make my working work. I have been so blessed. I am really excited to just be able to drive my kids to where they need to go.

The biggest thing I will miss about working full time is I will have to let my cleaning lady go. It has been pure bliss and I aspire to have her again someday. Who knows, maybe I can save up for a six month spring cleaning time twice a year. So here goes extra faith, courage, and prayers to making it happen this time.

2 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

$58 on groceries!!! Sweet..that is amazing! You might want to look into going to Aldi if you have one of those, it's so much cheaper to shop there! That's exciting you'll be able to stay home now. There will be days I'm sure, when you'll wonder why you're there when they're driving you CRAZY, but there will be lots of other times you will LOVE just being there with them!!

Emmy said...

Man, we need a super wal-mart here. . . I keep hearing rumors that the one here is coverting to one with groceries. THat would be wonderful.
I went on a new budget on January 1st and spent almost the whole budget in one week! I think I am in for a shock this year!
I am really excited for you, Trish! You are so wonderful and talented and beautiful . . . you deserve all the happiness in the world!