CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Sweet Caroline - DA DA DA


Many of you may know that I am an avid concert goer. Or at least I have been. I have seen everyone from Sarah Brightman to Rage Against the Machine. (Rage opened for U2). I love to see the live show. In the past I have had some regrets for not going to certain shows ie, Tina Turner touring with Lionel Richie. I didn't think anyone would go with me to this show since I was the only person in my apartment who knew who either were. Thankfully NuSkin had Lionel as their featured performer for one of their conventions and my brother and sister were able to hook me up. But, I am sure that Tina is done touring and I didn't get to see her. So with this in mind, I have just acquired Neil Diamond tickets for August 25. Under the same premise that he is pretty old and most likely won't be exciting to see when he is 80, I should get it in now. The only exception to this was the Rolling Stones, who were weird to see rocking it out, but still very good. When I was little, my dad had the Jazz Singer record that we all used to sing and dance to. I loved it. There is a particular guitar riff that is my favorite in the song Coming to America. We have great seats and it will be great.
Below are a list of my favorite concerts over the years:


1. U2 - Vertigo Tour (Eldon's first real concert with me and the most surprised I have ever been for a gift ever. I was also 5 months pregnant which is always an experience. I know that Jackson will be very hip since he was indoctrinated in the womb with such a cool band)

2. U2 - Beautiful Day Tour (NO DOUBT opened and my brother bought me the ticket when I was poor and it was right after 9/11. Very cool tribute to America )

3. Dave Matthews Band (Went with my friend Jen and we enjoyed those around us almost as much as the concert)

4. Phish - All I can say is why they had this indoors is beyond me! I'm pretty sure I had a second hand smoke issue there! Glad my brother was with me to shelter me from the underworld I had no clue about.

5. Lynard Skynard and ZZ Top - The names should say it all.

6. Reba Macentire and Joe Montgomery - My sister went to this together at the Germain Ampetheatre and had a BLAST! Reba puts on an amazing show.

7. Depeche Mode - My first concert in Boston Massachusetts while in High School. It was the farthest I had been away from home with friends and the latest I had been out, and the most money I had ever spent at once. I loved Depeche Mode.

8. The Crash Test Dummies - We got to see this in a very small club where I was right up front touching the stage. Very cool MMM MMM MMM.

9. Third Eye Blind - My first attempt at crowd surfing (once is enough)

10. Alanis Morriset - We got a glimpse of her at the medal ceremony at the Olympics in Salt Lake 2002. It was with all the girls and such a blast.

11. The Steve Miller Band - I saw this at the Idaho State Fair and was right next to the stage. Very fun.

12. Bon Jovi - Lisa scored me tickets to this with Goo Goo Dolls opening. I was 5 months pregnant with Max. I loved Living on a Prayer. It was AWESOME!
13. Sarah Brightman - She has a very strong interpretive dance and art side to her that is a little rough for me, but as the concert was ending I saw a few members of the Quorum of the 12 apostles getting up and leaving, so I new I was in a good place with good music.
Those who I still long to see or wish I would have seen before they died or broke up:
1. Billy Joel
2. John Denver
3. Led Zepplin
4. Beatles
5. Garth Brooks
6. ABBA
7. Pavorotti
8. Eric Clapton
9. Maroon 5
10. Barbara Streisand

There are some concerts I don't want to admit to going to or liking. So we can just leave it as I love music in all its varieties and am excited to see the Jazz Singer in person.

1 comments:

Beth said...

O.K., weren't you with us when we went to the Wy/Black tour in college? I can't imagine you missing Wynonna. I mean, if I was there, you had to be there too.