CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The blasted pancakes

Ok - what child does not like pancakes? Max does not. Either he doesn't like them or likes to spend inordinate amounts of time manipulating us into thinking he doesn't like them. Every time we have pancakes, let me step back and say, every time Eldon makes the most amazing pancakes I have ever had, Max has a complete melt down. The first time, banana pancakes with caramel syrup. Unbelievable pancakes. He didn't eat for weeks after the trauma of us demanding he eat three bites.

Last night, chocolate chip pancakes that were really the most delicious I have had. Max ate his bacon, drank two glasses of milk and then tried to escape with having cut a piece of pancake away and not touching it. Normally I could care less if he eats, but I knew with the little amount he ate, we would find him hoarding a bag of pretzels 10 minutes later. Eldon put the hammer down and said he couldn't leave the table until he ate the pancake.

Oh the tears. Tears led to hyperventilating, then to gagging, then to near passing out from the drama. I mean who can eat a chocolate chip cookie by the dozen and not a chocolate chip pancake? It ended up he gave up his new DS until JUNE to avoid eating a delicious pancake.

I don't get it.

3 comments:

Army Petes said...

Oh Trish... I'm so sorry. Nothing drives me crazier then when the kids wont eat food I KNOW they will really like!

Trish said...

We miss you guys. I hope we can see you soon. The boys need to be buddies. And Claire and Molly will be so cute together. Sorry I dont have anyone for Heidi. It's not for the lack of trying.

Trish said...

We miss you guys. I hope we can see you soon. The boys need to be buddies. And Claire and Molly will be so cute together. Sorry I dont have anyone for Heidi. It's not for the lack of trying.